“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.”
— Dorothea Lange
Given the amount of images we see today both online and in real-life, learning photography is more important now than it’s ever been. Studying photography helps students develop better awareness of themselves and their surroundings and empowers them with the ability to capture important events in their lives.
A student of photography inevitably becomes a better person because photography teaches us to look outside of ourselves and into the world around us with a keener and more sensitive eye. Check out our current Photography courses below!
- Digital Art & Photography
- In Digital Art & Photography, students learn the fundamentals of taking pictures and working with images in the world’s most popular photo editing software: Photoshop! Students in this class will create their own virtual rooms using nothing but images from the web and their very own Nikon DSLR camera (provided by the AV Club). Students […]
- Experimental Digital Photography
- In Experimental Digital Photography, DSLR cameras are our tool for discovering and redefining the world around us. Wide open apertures and super-slow shutters, motion blurs and trails of light… this is the stuff of experimental photography. We learn the rules by breaking them and through experimentation we discover the true nature of how our cameras […]
- Black & White Digital Photography
- “Looking at a black and white photograph, you are already looking at a strange world.” – Joel Sternfeld It’s been said that all beginning photographers should start out shooting black & white and we agree! In Black & White Digital Photography, students learn the power of contrast. We hunt for shadows, explore abstract shapes, quest […]