Have you ever experienced what it feels like to be a cat?
Battled in the frontlines of WWII? Dove beneath the surface of an alien sea? If you’ve ever played What Remains of Edith Finch
, Call of Duty
, you have. Video games offer us extraordinary virtual experiences from the comfort of our own desks.
And it’s not just shooters and plumbers anymore.
Games like Stories Untold
prove that a simple concept can often be the most engaging. Our Game Design courses offer our students the chance to turn their passive interest in video games into an ACTIVE one.
We teach everything
From how to build a text adventure in the style of Zork
to the fundamentals of building a full 3D game with the Unity3D engine. Check out our current Game Design courses below!
- Game Design with Unity3D
- In Game Design with Unity3D, students learn the fundamentals of one of the most popular 3D game engines in the industry, Unity3D! Unity3D is used by professionals and enthusiasts to create engaging, fun and even thought-provoking games across many genres. In this beginner’s course, students will learn how to design and code a fun rollerball […]
- Board Game Design & Illustration
- Sure, video games are the bees knees, but board games are actually making a huge comeback. So much so that even some current video games got their start as board games (you just wait for Cyberpunk 2077 to come out). In Board Game Design & Illustration, students learn to design a board game from the […]
- HTML5 Game Production
- Intro to Gamemaker
- In Intro to Gamemaker, students learn to create 2D games with Gamemaker, a powerful game development platform with wide appeal among Indie-game developers. And it’s appealing for good reason: it has native drag-and-drop programming functionality that allows beginning developers to start making stuff right away, without the need for programming knowledge! But it’s also robust: […]
- Intro to Game Design with Unity3D
- In Intro to Game Design with Unity3D, students learn the fundamentals of one of the most popular 3D game engines in today’s industry. Unity3D is used by professional video game developers as well as enthusiasts to create engaging, fun and even thought-provoking games across many genres. We’ll learn how to design a realistic solar system […]
- Text-Adventures with Ruby
- Forget 8-bit graphics, how about 0-bit? If you’ve ever played Zork or Adventureland, you know that even without a single goomba or pong paddle, text-adventure games can offer an incredibly fun and immersive experience; perhaps even more-so! In Text-Adventures with Ruby, students learn the fundamentals of the Ruby programming language by coding an original text-based […]